– 3 x fully-indipendent fully-analog 1974 multimode Sallen-Key filter boards, with massive use of diodes. Each board equipped with Cutoff and Resonance controls and Audio and CVinput. Great sound, huge presence, very natural and intense attitude, autoscillating reso, easy screamy/go-crazy tones, easy formant-like tones. Indipendent LP, BP and HP available
– smooth and musical or really psychopath resonance values wich make cutoff so unstable that being impossible to tame. Exciting possibilities with Cutoff ext CV controls and “above the red line” reso.
– 3 x (1970’s Cambridge Audio) Audio Input stages, one per board. It allow to obtain one real analog summing section for 3 different signals
– 1 x Master Cutoff section, ext-CV and internal-EG controllable, to drive the three indipendent filters
– 1 x transistors Distortion circuitry to make it suffer
– 1 x not-so-classic discrete EG design with ADSR and Level-Out controls, drivable by external CV-gate and temporary switch. Looping mode which makes it a strange and keyboard-playable “LFO”. Percussive, Smooth and Ultra-Slow range, Positive and Inverted out. Fashionable Led for visual sync. In Perc mode it can reach around 170Hz.
– 1 x Audio Serial/Stereo Out VCA
– 1 x Audio Mono/Parallel Out VCA that allows to obtain mono, false stereo and real stereooutputs. This configuration allows you to use the Vertice Filterbank as a mono unit with series slopes of 12, 24 or 28 dB/oct, as a false-stereo unit with simultaneous 12 and 24 dB/oct slopes and as true-stereo unit with slope of 12 dB/oct for each channel. The double VCA is internal-EG controllable for Staccato (via standard CV gate) and Continuo (Drone) functions.
– very huge dynamics, from classic tones to brutal distortion. Very useful to revitalize VST and other digital sources or simply to boost weaky sources.
– real analog low noise summing circuitry
– 1 x SER/PAR switch
– 1 x SER/PAR/STEREO switch for easy and creative manipulation
– arranged for V/oct use
– 1 x International Power +/-15V LINEAR alimentation module, allowing 110 and 220V AC worldwide compatibility, CE marked
– Neutrik 1/4″ TRS female connectors
– Alpha pots
– Carling and Lorlin Switches
– prepatched: total flexibility with relaxing comfort
– standalone: you can turn it ON just five minutes after the delivery. The only things you need are few cables and some sawtooth
– no-compromise ICs. When necessary we use the best integrated circuit available, expecially in the audio path. No TL07x or similar ICs for a precision and trusty audio signal, they are used only for CV managing and similar applications (eg. VCA control circuitry and Envelope Generator’s buffers)
– As well as the IC components, we mount the highest grade modern capacitors in the audio path by default.
We also have few old Mullard capacitors (aka Tropical Fish) directly from the past, coming truly from ’50, ’60 and ’70 mostly italian never-mounted stock. We use them on User request only after carefull test and particularly in the audio sections. We don’t mount this component in every machines because they are very rare, but available for short period.
In this case a User Manual Addendum will explicate the particularity of your specific circuitry and where you eventually can find the “back-to-the-future” components on the board, just in case of curiosity. The Vertice audio board is specifically thinked for that kind of “creative” soldering but the huge variety of component’s shapes can produce “weird-looking” result once installed. However every single unit is assembled and carefully tested in order to obtain reliability in nearly every kind of use situations
– 20 or more years aged italian “Noce massello” (solid walnut wood) or “Ciliegio massello” (solid cherry wood) slowly and sage handicraft-made chassis. Absolutely not plywood, nor laminate. Every piece is unique and slightly different from the subsequent, made with ancient techniques and knowledge of what is beauty, reliable and long-lasting. The chassis structure is solid 20mm thickness, with tenone and mortasa technique to extend durabilities. In addition to that you can see on the lateral sides two small circles: they are the signs of the use of the birone technique, an ancient method based on a solid wood nail inserted in an intelocking, here also used for increase sturdiness
– 2mm handcrafted lacquered synoptic aluminum panel
– heavy aluminum fluted knobs with etched top indicator line. Easy to turn, satisfactory touch sensations, fast recognizable visual feedback, fashionable vintage looking
– finger-breaking panzerfaust-looking switches, to be sure to make contact
– Panasonic double layer industrial hi-quality PCB
– every single VERTICE unit is unique in some way because of its strong handcraft caracter. We like to put some of our creativity directly in the manufacture of the single piece
– to demonstrate and remember it’s uniqueness every VERTICE unit has its own Serial Numberand Date of Production hand-stamped on a rear metal label. In addiction to that an internally-placed metal label hosts the Designer and Assembler signature.
– year of reliable use and very deep timbral manipulability
– fully dreamed, designed and assembled in Italy